2 On The Road Blog

After 12 years of full-time rving, we've sold our truck and trailer but we're still traveling. Email us at wowpegasus@hotmail.com if you would like to contact us.




Sunday, July 27, 2008

Petoskey Stone Hunting

A seasonal camper at Sleepy Bear Campground offered to take us and another couple to her favorite place to hunt for Petoskey Stone.
We had to walk down to the beach.
It was a lovely day with temps in the high 70's. The waves were coming in often so it was hard to see the stones.
Here I am looking while the others are examining their finds. Everyone except Nolan got wet up to the crotch and the front of my shirt was wet from leaning over and having waves hit me.
On the walk back to the car we saw these pretty flowers.
I'm wondering if they are related to peas because the vegetation looks like peas.
I found two Petoskeys that might be worth working on. This is what they look like dry.
This is what they look like wet. Not a good photo but you can just make out the petrified coral.
I found lots of other stones I loved and just couldn't leave behind. Maybe I can find another home for them. Notice the purple one clear on the left.

No comments: