2 On The Road Blog

After 12 years of full-time rving, we've sold our truck and trailer but we're still traveling. Email us at wowpegasus@hotmail.com if you would like to contact us.




Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Hobbies

I borrowed a metal detector from a friend/co-worker here at Sleepy Bear. He gave me a few pointers on how to use it.
Then I went off hunting. Found lots of lumps of melted aluminum before I figured out which beeps to ignore.
This was my take for the first 1 1/2 hours of hunting. I played with the md two more days and found lots more coins, jewelry and other stuff.
I've been wanting a Petoskey Stone and I found one by the pool. Started sanding on it but it's not a very good one. It's wet here so the "spots" (petrified coral) would show up.
A gal here at the park gave me a better one to sand and polish. I just got it done. Petoskey Stones are the Michigan state stone. Hopefully I can find some more to polish.

No comments: